All American Potato Skins with Horseradish Sauce
Preparation Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 16 minutes
Microwave Time: 10 minutes
Servings: 12 potato skins
An all-time popular restaurant pick-up that you can easily make. It's a guaranteed winner, especially at any sports viewing party.
6 medium baking potatoes
4 slices turkey bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup chopped tomatoes
1/2 cup chopped green onions
2/3 cup reduced-fat shredded Cheddar cheese
1/2 cup fat-free plain yogurt
1 Tbs horseradish
1. Pierce potatoes all over with fork. Microwave 8-10 minutes depending on size (or bake 425°F. for 50 minutes). When potatoes are cool enough to handle, cut in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-inch shell (save pulp for another use). Cut potato skins in half. Sprinkle with garlic powder.
2. Place potatoes skins on a baking sheet lined with foil. Coat skins with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Bake 475°F. for 5-7 minutes; turn and coat skins' other side with nonstick cooking spray. Bake until crisp, about 5-7 minutes more.
4. In small bowl, mix together bacon, tomatoes, green onions, and cheese. Sprinkle mixture inside skins. Bake 2 minutes longer or until the cheese is melted.
5. Meanwhile, in small bowl mix together yogurt and horseradish. Serve with potato skins.
Terrific Tip: Use extra potato pulp to make mashed potatoes for tomorrow's dinner.
Calories from Fat 14
Total Fat 2g
Saturated Fat 1g
Total Carbohydrate 9g
Dietary Fiber 1g