Black Bean Stacked Tortilla
Preparation Time: 45 minutes
1 carton (10.5 oz.) Morningstar Farms™ Buffalo Wings
1 tsp olive oil
4 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 cup chopped onions
1 can (15 oz.) black beans, drained and rinsed
2 Tbs water
2 Tbs chopped cilantro
1 Tbs tomato paste
1/8 tsp salt
1 can (15 oz.) diced tomatoes
1/4 cup red wine vinegar
1/8 tsp black pepper
12 (6-inch) corn tortillas
1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare MORNINGSTAR FARMS Buffalo Wings per package instructions. Cool slightly and slice wings into bite size pieces. Set aside.
2. Heat oil in large non-stick skillet. Add garlic, onions and black beans. Heat until onions are translucent. Remove from heat and add water, cilantro, tomato paste and salt. Reserve 1 cup of black bean mixture.
3. In blender, place remaining black bean mixture (from skillet), tomatoes, wine vinegar and black pepper. Process until smooth. Reserve 1 cup of tomato/bean mixture.
4. Place 2 tortillas, side by side, on a foil-lined baking sheet. Evenly layer 2 tablespoons tomato/bean mixture over each tortilla. Top with reserved black bean mixture, wing pieces, mozzarella cheese and tortilla. Repeat procedure 4 times ending with tortillas. Gently press top of each tortilla stack.
5. Bake at 350° F for 15 minutes or until heated and cheese is melted. Cut each stack into 4 wedges. Spoon remaining tomato mixture over wedges.